Spectrum Industries is a Chippewa Falls WI manufacturer and provider of high quality products and services that connect people with technology. As an organization we are dedicated to continuous improvement, meeting or exceeding customer expectations, developing our employees to meet current and future challenges, and ethical business practices. That's who we are - that's what we do!
Would you like to join our team in pursuit of excellence? We have the following job opportunity -
NOTE: Candidates for this position MUST live in Wisconsin and be able and willing to cover the territory which includes IA, MN, ND, SD, WI
By performing the duties below, a Territory Manager is responsible for carrying out the company’s strategic sales initiatives, specifically increasing customer sales base and meeting projected sales goals through reseller partnerships in the Education, government, and corporate markets within their regional territory.
Primary Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Contact regular and prospective customers to create demand, demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders. Responsibilities would include participation with resellers selling to end users as well as assigned accounts.
2. Identify, attend and participate in numerous trade shows obtaining leads, scheduling demos and sales calls to generate new business in the territory. This usually requires moving furniture/products and setting up the booth.
3. Act as primary customer contact within an identified regional area by answering customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms. Territory Managers are expected to make a minimum of 8-10 face to face customer location calls per week; with 80% of total sales calls at end user locations.
4. Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates. Forward orders to Spectrum’s Corporate Office and follow-up with inside sales staff.
5. Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
6. Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales and share them with others who need to know within the organization and partners.
7. Attend pre-bid conferences or openings and work with clients to identify bid specifications. Work with inside sales to prepare estimates and bids and provide customers with product samples and catalogs that meet specific customer needs.
8. Participate in product exploratory and realization projects by providing customer data and feedback about existing and future products and solutions.
9. Work with internal and external customers to trouble shoot existing or potential product issues.
10. Document sales activities in monthly territory reviews including quote follow-up, lead follow-up, demonstrations, training, projects, and Partner development.
11. Forecast short term and long term order demand.
12. Represent and preserve the best interest and integrity of the company whenever and wherever possible
Secondary Duties-Assist in other qualified areas when needed and assigned
Contact Responsibilities: This position requires effective communication with co-workers, customers, and outside professionals at a variety of levels of authority, to relay and obtain information or data, and promote products and services on a regular basis. A high level of professionalism and discretion is expected. Some of the information and communications required for this position are considered confidential.
Variable work environment includes home office environment, transportation vehicles, and customer locations. This position requires 60 - 80% travel time. Overnight travel away from home within the territory is expected to average 2 nights per week. Territory Managers are expected to conduct themselves and present themselves in a professional manner at all times when representing the Company.
Extensive travel required to exhibits, trade shows, conferences, customer locations and National Sales training sessions.
Required to attend orientation and training upon hire and participate in week long National Sales training all located at the corporate office in Chippewa Falls, WI. Additional travel to several national trade shows at various locations is also required.
*** This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job, and does not create an employment contract. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to change or possible modification. ***